Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Whole 30 Plan Disclaimer

ATTENTION!!!!!!!

 



First off, thanks so much for wanting to check out my meal plan! I am super excited for you to start your Whole30 journey. It will definitely change your relationship with food and ultimately, your life. I would suggest reading the books associated with the diet first, but it's not absolutely necessary. (You can find the books here) And their covers are pictured to the right!
Now there are few things I want to address before you start on my meal plan. 

#1- I am not perfect, VERY far from it. So there might be type-o's, please forgive me. 

#2- You will notice that I have smoothies on my meal plan, that's because at the end of the week I have a TON of produce that needs to get used and won't last if I don't. So yes, I just throw it in the blender. The Whole30 recommends you don't do smoothies because since you're not chewing you don't get the same "full" feeling. I haven't had this issue, so this meal plan includes smoothies because that's just how it works for me. Feel free to alter it however you wish.

#3- This meal plan typically feeds two people with leftovers. Some recipes feed WAY more than two people and left overs, and I have made notes on those recipes to half it. If you are a family, you might not need to half it. 

#4-These recipes are not all my own, I found them on Pinterest and each one has the original link attached to it. 

#5- I put a column for snacks because at first, it is really hard for me not to snack. So I slowly wean myself off of snacking. I know the Whole30 says to eat enough at your three meals to stop snacking, but I am still trying to figure out that balance. 

#6- You will see fruit for breakfast. GASP! Yes, I eat fruit for breakfast and do it with a HUGE side of veggies. The Whole30 recommends to stick to mainly veggies with a little bit of fruit, which is great. On the days I have fruit for breakfast, I don't have anymore fruit the rest of the day. 

That is all I can think of right now.. If you find a mistake in my meal plan or have issues, let me know! Just be nice, remember, I am not perfect ;) 


2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this. This is a wonderful web site and I have shared it with my friends. You put tons of work into this and it makes it easier to start the Whole 30 with a great plan in place :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking for meal plans and shopping lists and boom I found you! Thank you so much for taking time to put this together. I know it was probably tedious but from the bottom of my heart I really really appreciate it and I want you to know that.

    ReplyDelete